Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer 2011 Travel Alaskan Adventures

To our friends and blog followers,

Up date number 5, I think

Time is really moving along and I am posting this a few minutes before leaving Denali.  In a few minutes, Jay and Rahel should come from their back country camp and we will head to Talkeetna, about 150 miles away.  I guess I will call it a travel day.

I am putting up our Denali pictures and hope you will read the captions and look at the wildlife shots.  Click here for the picture link
Look at the pictures and give names to the ones with no names.  I will revise the caption after you name that flower.

Our stay in Denali has reminded us that we will have to return in a few years, one just can't get enought of Denali and the state of Alaska.  We camped in the Teknilia camp ground and traveled all over the park via the bus pass that we purcahsed.  It is a bargain and I don't have to drive.

I am cutting this short because of time and the fact I want to catch up with my blog. When Jay and Rahel join us, maybe they will blog their experience here.  I'm sure that they have had a good time in the few days that could squeeze into their busy lifes. Jay and Rahel few into Anchorage and rode the Alaskan Railroad to the park.  Although we were in the park at the same time we have not seen them. 

We leave the park for Talketna and there Jay and Rahel will take a scenic flight tomorrow for a view of the park and Mount McKinly, if the weather permits.

Then on to toward Anchorage area, where we will make updates to this blog.
Stay tuned for more as we have many miles to go.

John, Barbara, Beverly and Brad caravaning on the Parks highway

No comments:

Post a Comment